Q. I Have Done This Before But It Has Been Awhile. How Do I Enable Or Disable The Active Desktop In XP?
A. The Active Desktop allows you to view Internet content directly on your desktop without the need to open the Internet Explorer Browser. To enable Active desktop proceed as follow:
1. Click the Start Button
2. From the Start Menu click Control Panel
3. In Control panel click the Display icon
4. The display properties window will now open
5. In display properties click the Desktop Tab
6. At the bottom of the window you will see a Customize desktop button, click on this
7. The Desktop items window now opens
8. Now click the Web tab
9. When the Web tab window opens place a check mark in the box to the left of My Current Home Page
10. To prevent any moving or re-sizing of the web content on your desktop you should also put a check mark in the Lock Desktop Icons box
11. Next click Synchronize to synchronize your browser with your selected web page
12. Finally click OK
Did this Article Give you the Information You Were Looking For?