Q. How Can I Restore The Missing Address Bar In Internet Explorer Even Though The Option Is Enabled On The View Menu
A. There is the odd occasion when the Address bar option disappears from Internet Explorer. Under normal circumstances this is due to the address bar option being disabled in the View Toolbars menu. If you find that the address bar has disappeared but the address bar option is enabled in the View>Toolbar>address menu then proceed as follows:
1. Click Start
2. From the Start menu click Run
3. In the Run dialogue box type: 'REGSVR32 /i BROWSEUI.DLL' (without the quotes) and press OK
4. Reboot your PC
5. The address bar should now be back on the main toolbar
Another approach would be as follows:
1. In Internet Explorer click View on the main toolbar and then, from the drop down menu, select Toolbars
2. On the toolbar list check that there is a check mark next to the Address bar option
3. Remove the check mark from the address option
4. If the Address bar appears in the upper right corner and not available, Right Click Address and click Lock Toolbar to remove the check mark
5. Finally click Address and drag the address bar to where you want it.
Did this Article Give you the Information You Were Looking For?