Q. Is It Possible And If So How Can I Add/Remove/Disable Start Up Options In Windows XP?
A. There are times when it becomes necessary to disable start-up items in order to troubleshoot problems. This is easily done via the Microsoft Configuration Utility. At the same time you might simply wish to remove the entry to the application from the Start-up folder. Adding an entry to the Start-up folder is very similar to removing an entry. However, it is only on a rare occasion that you may need to add an application to the start-up folder. Under normal circumstances the software will add itself to the start-up folder, should it need to, during the initial installation of the respective software. There are a couple methods for doing this and I have included one below.
1. Click Start
2. From the Start menu click Run
3. In the Run dialogue box type: msconfig
4. The Microsoft configuration window will open
5. Click the Startup tab
6. Locate the software entry you are looking to disable and remove the check mark from the box on the left of the entry.
7. Click Apply then finally OK
8. Restart your pc when requested to do so
the PC restarts a message will appear telling you that you are
Did this Article Give you the Information You Were Looking For?