Q. CD won't start automatically?
"I set my CD drive so it will not start automatically when a CD is loaded. I would now like to reverse that setting, but I can't figure out how to do it. Can you help?"
A. Sure, the Autoplay setting for CDROM drives can be easily turned on or off. Here's how...
Changing Autoplay setting for Windows XP
1. From the Windows desktop, Click on My Computer.
2. Right-click on the icon for your CDROM drive, then click Properties.
3. Select the AutoPlay tab, then choose the type of CD (Music, pictures, mixed data, etc.)
4. Select an action to perform, or select Take no action.
Changing Autoplay setting for Windows 95/98/ME
1. From the Windows desktop, right-click on My Computer.
2. Click on Properties
3. Select the Device Manager tab.
4. Click on the "+" next to CDROM
5. Select the entry for your CDROM drive.
6. Click on Properties, and then select the Settings tab.
7. Enable or disable the Auto-Insert Notification option.
8. Click OK twice.
9. The change will be effective after you restart Windows.
Did this Article Give you the Information You Were Looking For?