What is the InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT.exe)?
A. I've gotten a lot of requests
recently asking what this is, so I decided to poke around and find out.
It appears that this
file originated from the InstallShield line of application installers. It is
supposed to only be used when installing a new program on your system (like
when you run the setup.exe program). However, Apple's iTunes 5 added
this entry into the Windows services, and it doesn't even seem to be
It's important to note
that this program is not spyware. However, you can set it to "Manual"
so that it does not start up automatically when your computer starts. To do
- Right-click on My Computer and choose Manage.
- Then expand the Services and Applications section and click on
- On the right-side of the screen, find the entry for InstallDriver Table
Manager and double-click on it.
- Change the Startup Type: to Manual.
- Hit the OK button and close the Computer Management screen, and you're all
You can run iTunes
normally after doing this step. iTunes doesn't seem to access this service at
all, so it may just have been sloppy programming on Apple's part.