Internet Fixes Weekend Wind Up.
============================ Week Of 07/21/2007
Mondays News Letter Tips.
1. When I choose "Shut Down" from the Start Menu, my computer hangs at the
"Please Wait" screen
2. I am having a problem when starting up Windows - a message appears with a
Windows - No Disk error. I have seen similar posts, and have followed the first
steps. I have run Hijack This and saved the log file. Also, when booting in Safe
Mode, there is no error message. Any advice on what to fix based on the Hijack
3. I have a raft of KB files residing in my Window folder. What are these files
and can I get rid of them?
4. When I go to Start / All Programs, I get a list that is in an order that is
understood only by the computer gods. How do I get that listing to be in
5. I downloaded Windows Media Player onto my laptop. Iím not much of a computer
whiz but from the researching Iíve done there is no way to completely rid
yourself of the media player because it is a feature of the operating system.
However, I do not want the media player on my laptop. Its an annoyance! Please
help me find a way to remove it completely.
6. Recently, I created another computer administrator account on my Windows XP
based computer. I now want to delete it. How can I go about it so that I will
remain the only administrator as before
7. I was wondering how to stop my computer from auto filling in: search bars and
email subject lines, login username lines etc. I would also like to know where
to delete this information, I though it would be under internet options but it
isnít there, as far as I know, if you could help that would be great.
8. Iíve got 2 files of MS Outlook emails which are of 1GB each. How do I backup
of those files? CDs are maximum 700MB. So is there any other way I can back up
those files in a place other than My PC.
9. I would like to be able to take a picture file from Google images and place
them on top the plain manila file thatís on my desktop. In other words how to I
make a folder icon out of a picture file, jpeg or gif etc?
10. I recently increased my memory of 512MB to 1G. I use a Dell 8400 Hyper
thread 3200 Intel chip. I have the hyper thread turned on in the bios. Windows
XP OS. I didn't seem to get any performance increase, and wonder if I should
change the setting in Performance Options from the Virtual Memory Paging file
"custom size" (which is set to 1533 MB with max of 1536; which is what is says
is recommended) to "system managed size", or something else. The Memory Usage is
set for "system cache'. My Hard Drive is 40MB. Is there any other tweaking I
Click The Link Below To Join My News Letter.
The Form At The Link Below Covers Both Monday and Wednesdays News Letter.
PC Problems? Use My New Detailed Help Form.
Tips With Full Graphics. ALL ONE LOCATION!
Have a Friend Or Colleague That One Of My Tips May Benefit? Forward This News
Letter To Them!
Backup Your Registry.
Wednesdays News Letter Tips.
1. Six to eight months ago, I deleted a folder that was full of jpeg pictures. I
emptied the recycle bin as well. Can that folder and it's contents be
2. How can I show two (or more?) windows side by side. I've been switching back
and forth between two websites in IE 6 and I'd like to be able to show them both
simultaneously. I'd also like to be able to show two drawings (from the same
drawing program) side by side. I'm using Windows XP Home edition with all the
latest updates from Microsoft. I've tried to look up how to do this in a few
books, unsuccessfully, perhaps because I'm not using the correct terminology.
3. We have three computers all running XP home. One of them has "lost" the
windows media player. I think probably as a result of a virus. I have tried to
download and reinstall media player (both media player 9 and 10) and get the
same error message
4. I have a question I hope that someone can help me with....I just recently
bought a laptop, and I donít really know much about computers so I thought that
with a laptop I could go on the internet anywhere that I'm at and not have to
plug anything in (like dial up), but now I see that is not the case, so Iím
confused, I thought laptops were supposed to be wireless. Is there something
that I need to do or get to be able to connect to the internet without having to
dial up? and I want to be able to take my laptop with me to Europe when I go on
vacation this summer, would I be able to do that and how would I get an internet
5. I am having problems installing 16 bit programs on our computer. The
programs are supposed to work but the following box pops up when we try to run
6. My brother has a pop-up ad frozen on his system. He's tried several remedies
but they have not worked. A radio computer tech suggested he uninstall Windows
XP. He did not upgrade to XP. My question is should he simply use the uninstall
feature on his system and what will he lose, if anything, when he does? Or
would you suggest something else?
7. Is it possible to load 2 or more copies of "windows fax and picture viewer?",
so you can switch between photos. If yes, how do you do this?
8. My pc takes forever to boot up and I would like to know what is required in
the startup menu and how to change the startup menu to use only what I need to
Hardware And Software Vendor Phone List, A-K
Hardware And Software Vendor Phone List, L-P
Hardware And Software Vendor Phone List, Q-Z
IF01101 How Can I Stop Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) from opening documents
in the IE.
IF01102 I am unable to see full amount of a new hard drive I bought and
IF01103 Is Your Computer Running Slowly?
IF01104 My Web Browser Has Been Hijacked.
IF01105 How Do I Enable / Disable Or Delete Internet Cookies?
IF01106 How Do I Prevent Windows Messenger Pop-ups?
IF01107 How Do I Stop Pop-up Or Pop-under Internet Ads?
IF01108 How Do I Enable And Or Disable The Microsoft Windows XP Firewall?
IF01109 You Canít Find A Lost Windows Product Key?
IF01110 Hyperlinks Not Working In Internet Explorer 6.0.
IF01111 Your Windows Installer Could Not Be Accessed Error (Windows XP).
IF01112 How Do I Create A New User Account Profile In XP.
IF01113 Hyperlinks in Outlook Express Messages Stop Working.
IF01114 Correct An NTLDR Or NTDETECT.COM Not Found Error.
IF01115 Rectify A Missing Or Corrupt NTFS.SYS Error In XP.
IF01116 The Text In Web Pages Appears Too Blurry In Internet Explorer 7. Is
There A Setting To Fix This?
IF01117 How do I fix the "Details" view in Explorer?
IF01318 Resolving Most Hardware Conflicts.
IF01319 How can I remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from My Computer.
Have A Question Involving Computers?
Click Here And Send It To Me.
Did this Article Give you the
Information You Were Looking For?
If you found this information useful,