Internet Fixes Weekend Wind Up.
============================ Week Of 08/04/2007
Mondays News Letter Tips.
1. I installed a program called SuDown, which tries to manage the annoying admin
rights problems. Problem: you can only designate people for it as admin. Having
Windows XP Home, that's a pain. I uninstalled it. Now, however, all my accounts
are limited - except for Admin in Safe Mode
2. Every time I start up my computer I get the error message "Windows-No Disk"
"Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c".
This message box will only go away when i press cancel multiple times.
3. Some type of small error type window came up and I noticed a link to system
32. Shortly afterwards, my PC shut down automatically and has been doing so
4. I would like to no how you would change "window is starting up" tone and
insert a wave sound of your own, I am using windows XP Home with XP Professional
5. I have Windows XP Pro. Very simple question, when I double click a picture
in My Pictures, it of course opens a separate window to show the picture
enlarged. If I click on another picture, it simply replaces the picture in the
already opened window with the new one. Question is How can I see this 2nd
picture in a SEPERATE/NEW window?
6. My question has to do with something most people find a useful convenience:
automatic numbering in Word. Unfortunately, it does not adapt to my needs, and
often it becomes a nuisance. Is there a way to prevent the PC from introducing
numbers (or letters, etc.) each time I press Enter, when the sentence just
written starts with a number or letter followed by either . or )?
7. My keyboard has extra buttons for connecting to the internet, checking email
and playing cds/dvds/mp3 (play, pause, skip) but the buttons don't do anything
when i push them. How do I assign the buttons to these tasks?
8. This probably is an easy fix. My wife has a Dell Inspirion with XP Pro. I
have a Dell Dimension with XP Pro. When I go to a site that needs a form filled
out, my name, address, etc. is in memory and appears so all I have to do is
click on it to fill in the info. This has never occurred on my wife's laptop. Is
there something that needs to be done to turn this "memory" feature on?
Click The Link Below To Join My News Letter.
The Form At The Link Below Covers Both Monday and Wednesdays News Letter.
PC Problems? Use My New Detailed Help Form.
Tips With Full Graphics. ALL ONE LOCATION!
Have a Friend Or Colleague That One Of My Tips May Benefit? Forward This News
Letter To Them!
Backup Your Registry.
Wednesdays News Letter Tips.
1. Search Companion Starts If I Double-Click a Folder or Drive.
2. Can I get Windows XP to load my USB Memory Drive automatically without me
making any alternations to Windows XP?
3. There are about 500 fonts in the fonts folder but MS Works word processor
only has about 200 or so. How can I use the fonts folder when I type a letter,
4. Where is Scandisk and Disc defragmenter in Windows XP home?
5. I have WIN XP. In earlier versions of windows, I could make a (I guess
program group is the right name) program group, for instance "printing and
graphics", then I could put all my programs that pertained to printing and
graphics into that group. Then when I pushed start / programs I would have to
select "printing and graphics" to access say, Print Shop. All printing and
graphics programs were in that group. I cannot find how to do that in XP.
6. Where is backup on the XP Home version?
7. How do I "deactivate" or move XP to another computer?
8. I have run a recover and restoration program which found numerous files I do
not wish to restore. Is there a program that will let me delete these already
deleted files from my computer?
Hardware And Software Vendor Phone List, A-K
Hardware And Software Vendor Phone List, L-P
Hardware And Software Vendor Phone List, Q-Z
IF01101 How Can I Stop Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) from opening documents
in the IE.
IF01102 I am unable to see full amount of a new hard drive I bought and
IF01103 Is Your Computer Running Slowly?
IF01104 My Web Browser Has Been Hijacked.
IF01105 How Do I Enable / Disable Or Delete Internet Cookies?
IF01106 How Do I Prevent Windows Messenger Pop-ups?
IF01107 How Do I Stop Pop-up Or Pop-under Internet Ads?
IF01108 How Do I Enable And Or Disable The Microsoft Windows XP Firewall?
IF01109 You Canít Find A Lost Windows Product Key?
IF01110 Hyperlinks Not Working In Internet Explorer 6.0.
IF01111 Your Windows Installer Could Not Be Accessed Error (Windows XP).
IF01112 How Do I Create A New User Account Profile In XP.
IF01113 Hyperlinks in Outlook Express Messages Stop Working.
IF01114 Correct An NTLDR Or NTDETECT.COM Not Found Error.
IF01115 Rectify A Missing Or Corrupt NTFS.SYS Error In XP.
IF01116 The Text In Web Pages Appears Too Blurry In Internet Explorer 7. Is
There A Setting To Fix This?
IF01117 How do I fix the "Details" view in Explorer?
IF01318 Resolving Most Hardware Conflicts.
IF01319 How can I remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from My Computer.
IF01320 How can I change the Screen Resolution in Windows XP?
IF01321 I Need a Step By Step on how to do a Clean Install of XP?
Have A Question Involving Computers?
Click Here And Send It To Me.
Did this Article Give you the
Information You Were Looking For?
If you found this information useful,