Internet Fixes Weekend Wind Up.
============================ Week Of 08/11/2007
Mondays News Letter Tips.
1. Can I safely remove these files with Norton System Works? If so, would I
have to update the system registry?
2. I don't want these updates and I don't want these messages. And I think that
these updates (to be installed) are slowing down my computer. How can I get rid
of them, without installing?
3. I have just had XP Home installed. I want to add Word to the send to options.
4. I am uninstalling in the add remove programs the way you said it seems to
work FOR NOW I would be grateful if you could tell me any other way if all else
fails or for the really awkward programs.
5. I am receiving the following error message when i try to run the disk
defragmenter. "Disk defragmenter has detected that Chksdk is scheduled to run
the volume: R...(C:). Please run Chkdsk /f." There is no disk F which was a
removable flash drive. What can I do?
6. Every picture I click on from now on - is opened using Microsoft Office
Picture Manager. I want things back the way they were. Can you assist?
7. I would like to remove some programs from my computer, but when I go to the
Add/Remove Programs section of the Control Panel, the Change/Remove button
that's normally there is missing.
8. I am considering the use of a registry cleaner. Nothing tragically wrong with
my PC, except it is just a little slower than it used to be.
Click The Link Below To Join My News Letter.
The Form At The Link Below Covers Both Monday and Wednesdays News Letter.
PC Problems? Use My New Detailed Help Form.
Tips With Full Graphics. ALL ONE LOCATION!
Have a Friend Or Colleague That One Of My Tips May Benefit? Forward This News
Letter To Them!
Backup Your Registry.
Wednesdays News Letter Tips.
1. I'm using Windows XP and sometimes when I turn off my computer, I get this
message as it's shutting down: "This application failed to initialize, because
the window station is shutting down." What does that mean and how can I make it
2. Can a USB drive be reformatted? If so, how?
3. What does the star in Gmail mean and how can I use this function in my own
4. My spell checker in "word" does not default to the English language in spite
of having selected English ,as the default dictionary.
5. I have XP Home installed on my HP Notebook. As with most Windows users I get
automatic Windows updates from Microsoft. After the updates are downloaded and
installed a folder is created in my C:\Windows directory with "uninstall" data.
(e.g. C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB8733.....etc.) It has gotten to the point where
the number of these folders has grown to well over 100 and I'm wondering, if my
system is working well after the update was installed, Can I safely delete all
the folders manually without creating any havoc on my system? And if I can
manually delete the folders, would I have to make any Registry changes also?
6. I use to have the option "On resume, display welcome screen" in the display
properties, but now it changed to "on resume, password protect". How do i get
that option back? I like displaying the welcome screen better.
7. Hope you can help! I booted the computer into Safe Mode to defrag the Hard
Drive and when it was done I rebooted like I normally do and it keeps going back
into Safe Mode?
8. How can I make sure I get the most out of my CD burner? Please give me some
Hardware And Software Vendor Phone List, A-K
Hardware And Software Vendor Phone List, L-P
Hardware And Software Vendor Phone List, Q-Z
IF01101 How Can I Stop Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) from opening documents
in the IE.
IF01102 I am unable to see full amount of a new hard drive I bought and
IF01103 Is Your Computer Running Slowly?
IF01104 My Web Browser Has Been Hijacked.
IF01105 How Do I Enable / Disable Or Delete Internet Cookies?
IF01106 How Do I Prevent Windows Messenger Pop-ups?
IF01107 How Do I Stop Pop-up Or Pop-under Internet Ads?
IF01108 How Do I Enable And Or Disable The Microsoft Windows XP Firewall?
IF01109 You Canít Find A Lost Windows Product Key?
IF01110 Hyperlinks Not Working In Internet Explorer 6.0.
IF01111 Your Windows Installer Could Not Be Accessed Error (Windows XP).
IF01112 How Do I Create A New User Account Profile In XP.
IF01113 Hyperlinks in Outlook Express Messages Stop Working.
IF01114 Correct An NTLDR Or NTDETECT.COM Not Found Error.
IF01115 Rectify A Missing Or Corrupt NTFS.SYS Error In XP.
IF01116 The Text In Web Pages Appears Too Blurry In Internet Explorer 7. Is
There A Setting To Fix This?
IF01117 How do I fix the "Details" view in Explorer?
IF01318 Resolving Most Hardware Conflicts.
IF01319 How can I remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from My Computer.
IF01320 How can I change the Screen Resolution in Windows XP?
IF01321 I Need a Step By Step on how to do a Clean Install of XP?
IF01122 Any attempt to access files on the old HD shows a message that the HD is
not formatted. Other utility programs (Norton) show the HD has no partition.
What happened and what can I do to retrieve my files, favorites, and Thunderbird
Have A Question Involving Computers?
Click Here And Send It To Me.
Did this Article Give you the
Information You Were Looking For?
If you found this information useful,