Internet Fixes Weekend Wind Up.
============================ Week Of 09/01/2007
Last Mondays News Letter Tips.
1. For the past week when I click a hyperlink in a webpage or email link,
nothing happens or, a blank browser Window opens with some type of script
2. I have been in places where they say you canít do a clean install with a
Vista Upgrade disk and others say you can. Can you tell me which is correct? Can
I install Windows Vista upgrade without Windows 2000 or XP on the hard drive?
3. I have a windows 2000 server, which is quickly running out of room. There
must be almost a gig worth of update and hotfix install/uninstall files and
info. Can I remove these files safely and recover the space? Do I need to
disable System Restore before doing this? Any help gratefully accepted.
4. How can I run a batch file or other file minimized?
5. Lately I'm having to shut my pc off by the power button, which I was told is
not too good for the system If I don't the computer would stay on forever. It
goes as far as telling me that it is logging off and then just gets hung up
6. I've recently gone from one to 2 home PCs (after the old one blew up) and
have a wireless broadband router which manages to connect both PCs to the
internet but doesn't seem to want to connect the PCs to each other.
7. Can I Change My Vista Font Size? I am a new Vista user and I am running into
the same problem I did when I started using XP. My eyes arenít as good as they
used to be and I am having a problem reading some of the screen print in the
Vista system and also the Fonts on some websites.
8. I have four computers setup through out our home on a small network. I have a
printer that I would like to use for all four PCs hooked up to one of the
computers that stays on all the time. How do I connect to this printer to print
from the other PCs?
Click The Link Below To Join My News Letter.
The Form At The Link Below Covers Both Monday and Wednesdays News Letter.
PC Problems? Use My New Detailed Help Form.
TIPS WITH FULL GRAPHICS! ALL ONE LOCATION!
HERE ARE FIVE I ADDED THIS WEEK!
IF01766 Easy enable real Administrator Account in Windows Vista Home Premium
IF01767 Keep User Account Control active, but get rid of annoying popups in
IF01768 Transfer User Accounts, System Settings from XP to Vista.
IF02011 Map a Network Printer In Windows XP.
IF02006 Using The Windows XP Event Viewer Log.
Have a Friend Or Colleague That One Of My Tips May Benefit? Forward This News
Letter To Them!
Backup Your Registry.
Last Wednesdays News Letter Tips.
1. Can you tell my how I can remove the shadows under the text on Windows XP
desktop icons? I know this is probably some simple setting but I canít seem to
2. The older I get the worse my eyes get. How do I make my Windows icons appear
3. I have been having problems with an old Video input output card and a Friend
told me to check on updated drivers for the board. How do I determine the
version of a driver in Windows?
4. I have looked around and even Googled spell checkers for browsers and canít
really tell which I should use. How do I spell check text in an online form? Any
advice you have would be great.
5. Is it possible to have two master EIDE / IDE drives? The reason I ask is that
I am thinking about Dual booting XP Pro and Vista and figured it would be better
to do this on two drives.
6. How can I change the text color of my icons in Windows? I think that if I
change them to Red that I will be able to see them better. Thanks in advance.
7. I spent an hour looking for a file that a friend told me I had to delete to
fix a problem. It was finally bought to my attention that the file is hidden by
default in Windows. How do I view hidden files in Windows?
Hardware And Software Vendor Phone List, A-K
Hardware And Software Vendor Phone List, L-P
Hardware And Software Vendor Phone List, Q-Z
PAST QUESTIONS OF THE WEEK! VIEW THEM ALL AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS!
Have A Question Involving Computers?
Click Here And Send It To Me.
Did this Article Give you the
Information You Were Looking For?
If you found this information useful,